Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Self Care

58 Posts
20 Users
2 Likes
(@noracrainiectskin-com)

@cameranriddleiectskin-com Wow, just like Debbie said, how could someone make fun of a person for having an illness. its said, and if we would help our fellow neighbors just a little, even a smile and have a nice day, can deeply impact a person and make them feel better. 

ReplyQuote
(@noracrainiectskin-com)

I personally have fought with self care and taking the time needed for myself. Before i had my son, i had self care days all the time and took time for myself when i needed it. I knew i would have to continue doing that after i had my son, but i lost myself for a while. I would go to visit my mother with my son when he was a baby, and would instantly fall asleep on the couch, and i would feel bad about not spending time with her. Everytime, she would always tell me that she let me sleep, because i obviously needed the rest and that i need to care for myself as well. That right there reminded me that i cant care for my son if i dont care for myself. i still struggle with finding time for myself and it has caused some major problems mentally, but as long as you pick yourself back up, its okay to fall sometimes.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

With suicide rates increasing through the years, and mental health issues being at an all time high due to the pandemic, I believe talking about these issues is more important now than ever. I believe it is especially important for our younger generations, ways to regulate your emotions and take care of your age should be taught in school starting at an early age. These are tools that will be important all throughout life, but not that many understand the importance of since it's constantly looked over. 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

With suicide rates increasing through the years, and mental health issues being at an all time high due to the pandemic, I believe talking about these issues is more important now than ever. I believe it is especially important for our younger generations, ways to regulate your emotions and take care of your age should be taught in school starting at an early age. These are tools that will be important all throughout life, but not that many understand the importance of since it's constantly looked over. 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@cameranriddleiectskin-com I agree that it would be a great idea to give mental health an awareness month. I think it would give a lot of necessary attention to how important the topic is, and would be a great opportunity for schools to talk about it.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@jaydensugickiectskin-com I agree that taking care of yourself involves more than just doing relaxing things that you want to do. Doing things that are important to your health and well being are just as important, and many people struggle with this even more than finding the time for "fun" selfcare.

ReplyQuote
(@cameranriddleiectskin-com)

Self care is so important especially for kids. Kids go to school and get bullied for the slightest things. Putting your kids on anti depressants is not good in my opinion because they are too young. Showing your kids the meaning of self care important.

ReplyQuote

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com I agree. Taking care of your body when your having a down day is good. Feeling good is always what you want to do.

ReplyQuote

@tristasensemaniectskin-com Finding your kids happiness and letting them do what makes them happy is a good self care for them.

ReplyQuote
(@oliviarossiectskin-com)

As someone who struggles with mental illness myself, it is 100% something that needs to be taken seriously. Self care is extremely important and taking days off should never make someone feel guilty. Some days it can be extremely beneficial to just relax and process your stress. A lot of times we don't let ourselves process things correctly or fully and it causes them to build up. When you allow stress to build up, you put yourself at risk for melting down. Showing yourself care will only benefit your well being. 

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lanajacksoniectskin-com 

I had a good routine going but it all stopped when my brother died. He was in an accident and it took all my energy to just get up. I was like that for months. I stopped working out, swimming, massages and even caring. I have slowly started things I like. I need to put myself first as there is only one of me.

I have done counseling and it was very beneficial. 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@oliviarossiectskin-com 

I am a recovering alcoholic and I still would not let my guard down. Stress is high for me so I have been in counseling in the past and I use guided meditation now. It helps very much. I have also been doing Pilates classes over the summer. Sometimes you need outside help as it is not healthy to sit in it and hope it gets better

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cameranriddleiectskin-com 

I agree we need to take care of our bodies and our minds. Over the past 30 years I have had many stressful experiences that I did not think I would ever get relief from. With help from outside therapy, meditation, and other people I have come out the other side. Always take care of yourself first. You cant help anyone else if your not right with yourself

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

I am glad that my mother started to teach me what self care was at a young age because it is something that I am so adamant about. It's so important for everyone to know when they need a break whether it be physically, mentally, or socially. For me personally, I have found that playing music while just sitting/ walking outside or cleaning has helped me detach and give myself a break. 

ReplyQuote

@cameranriddleiectskin-com I agree! I think putting kids on an antidepressant before trying other solutions can lead to them becoming dependent on the medicine. Some antidepressants can lead to bad side effects as well.

ReplyQuote

@lanajacksoniectskin-com I agree that self care and mental health should be taught at a young age. It upsets me because when I was in school so many people were picked on for just showing their emotions, going to "quiet rooms", or counseling when they needed to talk about something. I will say, when I was in high school they made a big effort on giving kids options when they needed a break, and making it known how important self care and mental health was. It was just a matter of people taking advantage of the resources.

ReplyQuote
(@camrynauxtiectskin-com)

Self-care is extremely important to the well-being of all humans whether it be physical or mental. Taking care of yourself can have a huge impact on how you live day to day, as well as the feelings of others that surround themselves with you. It is crucial to educate children on the importance of mental and physical health because it is so easy for them to search for a temporary fix (drugs, alcohol, unhealthy habits) and those temporary things can quickly turn into addictions, which will make self-care so much more difficult as you have to get your body back to normal/on track.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I agree with you. People don't think about how much school affects children's mental health, aside from pre-existing problems from their personal lives. It can be a case of life or death in some cases, but if someone feels heard and not alone then that can help a lot.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I'm so sorry that you experienced this, but you are not alone. I also have fallen into depression due to family/friend deaths and it is extremely hard to pull yourself out of it. The best way for me personally was slowly trying to get back into my self-care routine and re-organizing/cleaning my environment. It is so important to take care of yourself, especially during hard times.

ReplyQuote
(@emmamidgettiectskin-com)

@camrynauxtiectskin-com If someone would had told me when I was a child that my favorite part of my day should be sitting down doing my skincare, reflecting on my day and the ups and downs and telling myself it is all OK no matter what..I would have said your wrong and continued with my life as a child but things change and if I didn't do this everyday I truly believe my mental health would not be where it is now.

ReplyQuote
(@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com)

Having conversations with your kids from an early age about mental health is so important. Parents need these discussions with kids to teach them stress management, self compassion empathy, and more. I was diagnosed at 13 years old with social anxiety disorder & depression. Teach your children to take care of themselves.

ReplyQuote
(@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com)

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I could not agree more! the more exercise is  incorporated into our daily lives, the better people feel physically, leading to better moods and emotions. Therapy & support groups are an helpful option as well ?

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

Mental health is a very important topic to me, alos very interesting to learn about. I think everyone needs a day to themselves every once in awhile in order to recharge and relax.

ReplyQuote

@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com I agree! Many people think because a child is oung that they may not struggle, but truly anyone can struggle at any age.

ReplyQuote

@camrynauxtiectskin-com Taking care of yourself is important because it can really improve someones well being and quality of life whether it be mental health help or physical wellness.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

Over the past 20 years there has been an uptick on mental illness and it has become more of a constraint on families in the last 4 years since the beginning of the pandemic.  Families had to learn how to be with each other and although it brought many families together, it also affected many children because parents didn't have much patience as they were working from home and homeschooling and that was if parents even had a job.  Many people, including children have gone untreated and it has affected them even more as they have gotten older.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com Unfortunately, for many families of black and latin decent mental illness and requiring therapy of medications to treat is still a stigma.  Many family members, specially older generations frown on therapy or even speaking about mental illness.  The important thing is that we need to take care of ourselves and seek help even it is without those family members finding out about it.  Education is important but that can happen slowly.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com It is sad that many people think that children have no issues and the truth is that they also have stressors that affect them.  They may not know what is affecting them.  This is why it's important for parents to pay attention to symptoms and not ignore them or assume that it's growing pains.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!