Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Loneliness

35 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I agree, texting does not feel as involved to me. Hearing someones emotion makes all the difference.

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

I moved away from my home state when I was 18. over the last 15 years I've solely had to rely on phone calls to most of my friends and family. talking to them daily definitely made a huge impact on my life and especially my mental health. recently I've had a lot more on my plate with my husband being gone with the military so those phone calls have become less and less due to being tied up with my and my kids schedules. 

ReplyQuote

@kaytlynmolinaiectskin-com face timing definitely helps a little more than a phonecall because seeing the person and their reactions to what you're saying can help feel more present and involved.

ReplyQuote

@karyssamarleriectskin-com texting is good and bad for me. I like to text because I'm very quick to speak before thinking. sometimes I can sound insensitive, so being able to go over the text in my head kind of helps me read my message from another perspective before sending it. on another note I have very bad habits of putting "lol" with everything because I don't want people to take it as being insensitive or sassy.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I used to talk to my mom every morning. we would facetime and get ready for the day together. after I had my daughter it was a little more challenging and of course the saying "the phone works both ways" definitely came into play when it was me making more of the calls instead of receiving. I was overwhelmed and kind of distanced myself from her after realizing it was more of a one way for her.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!