Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Women and Shaving

49 Posts
18 Users
2 Likes
(@cameranriddleiectskin-com)

I personally like shaving it makes me feel clean. Some women dont believe in shaving and thats their choice.

ReplyQuote

I personally like shaving it makes me feel clean. Some women dont believe in shaving and thats their choice.

ReplyQuote

@lanajacksoniectskin-com Yes, alot of women now dont shave because of this new generation. Some people think its smelly and unhygentic for a women not to shave but its really up to them.

ReplyQuote

@noracrainiectskin-com I want to try that but im scared of the pain!

ReplyQuote
(@student)

I have felt pressured by the outside world to shave my body ever since I was a child. My mother would always tell us the story of how one of my older sister's friends would shame my mother for not making her shave her legs when she was twelve. It is shameful that women are forced to shave before they're even teenagers in some cases. As my own form of social rebellion and in an effort to become comfortable with my body and womanhood, I have grown out my armpit hair. It may not seem like much but doing so has helped me become comfortable being hairy and feminine, at the same time. 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com I absolutely love the feeling of shaved legs and freshly washed sheets. But, I do not love how children are made to feel like they need to shave their legs to be accepted.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com I agree, women grow hair for a reason, in many indigenous cultures it is celebrated. I don't understand why women are forced to think that they have to shave their bodies and be ashamed of their natural hair.

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

I personally don't like the feeling of body hair. I shave everyday. I have thought about getting laser hair removal since it can be very time consuming. It is definitely a preference choice for everyone. 

ReplyQuote

@cameranriddleiectskin-com Same! It makes me feel more clean when I shave.

ReplyQuote

@noracrainiectskin-com I agree! That is the best feeling. I have recently tried to start shaving every 2-3 days since I always wear long pants in the winter, but in the summer I tend to shave everyday.

ReplyQuote
(@camrynauxtiectskin-com)

As much as I hate the hassle of exfoliating, shaving, and moisturizing (to full efficiency) I always feel best when I'm freshly shaved. Not only for my personal comfort, but I've always done it for a confidence boost. The way that women and shaving has been conventionalized in my opinion is weird, just like everything else related to women or women's bodies. But nothing is better than getting into bed with clean sheets and shaved legs 🙂

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I have this problem too, but sometimes I find myself shaving too much and my legs will get irritated, so I've tried to stop shaving so much but its hard

ReplyQuote

@nicoleweberiectskin-com I was bullied a lot by my biological father and kids at school about my arm hair. I ended up shaving it in middle school and regretted that obviously. Now I just have to embrace it lol

ReplyQuote
(@emmamidgettiectskin-com)

I don't think anything is wrong if a person does not want to remove their hair but personally I remove my hair. I am constantly shaving my underarms and legs. It makes me feel more comfortable and clean.  

ReplyQuote

@camrynauxtiectskin-com Yes I agree when you have just shaved your legs and climbing into your bed with fresh clean sheets is one of the best feelings.

ReplyQuote

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com Yes the process of shaving everyday can be a bit annoying. I do shave everyday only because my hair grows back really fast.

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

I think the history of body hair on women is very interesting and to see how it changes and how different hair at different lengths has been considered 'sexy'. I think in recent days it has become more acceptable to do whatever you want with your hair. 

ReplyQuote

@emmamidgettiectskin-com I agree, personally it is my preference too. It maks me feel more clean.

ReplyQuote

@lindseycoganiectskin-com I agree there are many outside influences that may make women feel more pressured because of social media and other things.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!