Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Netiquette

43 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@camiryndavisiectskin-com)

I believe that netiquette is something that needs to be taught in middle school. In middle school that is when your first began to use computers frequently and often. I believe that its a life skill that you will use for the rest of your life especially in the work and school setting. By following those tips above it helps avoid alot of arguements and misunderstanding that can happen due to the fact you arent communicating face to face. In online communicating it is hard to interperute the persons tone so many things can come off as rude.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I agree alot of times when your online expressing your viewpoint or opinion that is opposite of others they do attack you and become bullies. I believe is should never happen that way.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I can agree it has been many times i have interupeted a text or email wrong. I believe this happens often because everyone has their on rules to netiquette. So what can offend one person may not offend the other.

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Being frustrated about course work or a test grade should be discussed in person or using proper etiquette if you are online or in person. Other areas are politics and religion.

If you are upset with someone do not take it out online on any platform

ReplyQuote
(@emmamidgettiectskin-com)

Everyone should be taught netiquette. Everyone has their own responsibility when it comes to talking to people or posting online. The decisions you make can have harsh consequences on your life. I do think it is really important to re-read or really think about what you are going to post online or even type to someone before you send it.  

ReplyQuote

@madisonmendebabiciectskin-com I agree, If you are talking to your friends it is okay to be a little unprofessional with your wording but when it comes to a more serious situation you really want to pin point on good wording and structure.

ReplyQuote

@camiryndavisiectskin-com I agree, without being able to read someones tone and not having a clear message on top of that is a recipe for a disaster.

ReplyQuote
(@camrynauxtiectskin-com)

Netiquette is so important! Especially when trying to make a good impression, it is crucial to understand how to express yourself online or to a teacher/employer. Tone can be so easily misread through text or email, so it is nice to know what wording or punctuation to use. 

ReplyQuote

@emmamidgettiectskin-com Yes! I agree, using any type of slang or acronyms when texting or emailing someone besides a friend is not a good idea! Things can be so easily misread or miscommunicated and can leave a bad impression

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com Yes, I have recently come across messages from high school where people were harsh and I tried to fix the problems over the internet. Things weren't as easily expressed as they would've been in person.

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

Not using proper netiquette can be very misleading to others. This has happened to me quite a few times when I was in middle school and high school and led me and others just getting very frustrated. Netiquette should be taught to everyone in schools now since today's society is very online based. If it is something that is important and needs to be resolved, I think that speaking in person may be the best option. 

ReplyQuote

@camiryndavisiectskin-com I agree with schools teaching netiquette when students first get computers. It is crucial to learn how to properly punctuate and use the correct words so what you're expressing online is not misleading. Most importantly, writing professional emails should be taught in schools since that can be a main form of communication with jobs and schools.

ReplyQuote

@camrynauxtiectskin-com Same here I have tried to resolve problems online and the majority of the time it ended up just making it worse. I think it is important to know what should be said online and what should be said in person.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!