Forum

Notifications
Clear all

IUD's

57 Posts
23 Users
5 Likes
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

Ive had the paraguard IUD since i was 15 or 16, i had no issues with it originally. When i was 22 , i was informed at my annual that it was out of place and i needed to get it removed and replaced. I had a horrible time trying to get an appointment, they'd say they had the IUD and when it came down time to get it inserted, they didnt have it and theyd reschedule my appointment. This went on for 6 months. When i finally got it out and they had it there for me, When my gyno went to take it out, i was missing half of it. I had to go back in and get numbed so they could find the missing pieces and get them out. Luckily it was in my cervix so i didnt need surgery. I still would recommend an IUD dispite the horror story, Its honestly just so easy and if you have a reliable practice unlike my unorganized office, you should be able to get any issue addressed right away. 

ReplyQuote
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

@marlimartiniectskin-com I completely agree theres no one size fits all, everyones body is different and reacts differently.

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

I have had my IUD for about 2 1/2 years now. Although it has worked best for me since I do not forget to take my birth control it has caused me so many complications. I have the most painful stabbing cramps that make me nauseous, I don't have a regular period, and my mood swings are awful. When I got it put in I was so flushed and dizzy. I got on birth control to start because of how bad my period symptoms were. I decided to make an appointment to get it removed. 

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I didn't have sharp pain for a while but just recently I have been experiencing terrible pain with it. That is why I am deciding to get it removed.

ReplyQuote

@marlimartiniectskin-com I never checked my strings when I first got my IUD. When I try to check now I am never able to find/ feel them.

ReplyQuote
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

I had the copper IUD and I probably wont get it again for while. My reason is it came out on its own just out of the blue one night. It scared me because I didn't know if there was anything wrong. I called my Dr. and the nurse said she medically didn't think there was a reason for me to be seen. With it I did have terrible periods but I got use to it. I did like how I didn't have to worry about taking a pill or anything and I liked being on a non hormonal birth control. 

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I first started taking brith control for my periods. I remember getting the IUD inserted for like a month or two I would have the worst cramps I had ever had every day. I have a fairly high pain tolerance but that was pretty bad. It also made my periods worse.

ReplyQuote

@lindseycoganiectskin-com Mine came out when I was on my period. I felt like something wasn't right and then here comes my IUD. It scared me a bit because I didn't know if there was anything wrong with my uterus. I called my mom freaking out. That kind of turned me off from getting it again but I have such trouble with other birth controls (bleeding when im not suppose to or with the implant in my arm i bled for 6 months) I might just return back to it.

ReplyQuote
(@emmamidgettiectskin-com)

I have never thought about getting an IUD only because of all the bad experiences I hear about getting one. 

ReplyQuote
(@emmamidgettiectskin-com)

@camiryndavisiectskin-com I agree you have to find what's best for you. Personally I could not get one but to other people it can be very helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com)

I have heard mixed reviews and experiences about the IUDs, my cousin has it and says she loves it. But for me personally I could not imagine getting used to the feeling of the IUD being in your cervix, it would drive me crazy.

ReplyQuote
(@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com)

@emmamidgettiectskin-com me too! there's just so many things that could go wrong with the IUD and I personally would avoid it all together

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

I dislike using any hormonal birth control because it tends to change my personality. However, I am scared to get the implant because of the risks, cramps, coming out, partner touching it, etc. I do think this is a great alternative for those looking for a non hormonal option (copper) or just a low maintenence option.

ReplyQuote

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com I have heard many 'horror' stories such as this about the IUD so I personally choose to avoid it for myself. I have also heard good experiences.

ReplyQuote

@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com I agree, I do not like the thought of anything just sitting in my uterus lol it sounds scary.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

I would like to say great things about the IUD but in my personal experience, I can't say much.  The positive for me was that in the 4 months I had it, I only got my period once.  It was great but I didn't know when I was going to get one or if I was going to get it because I still got the cramps monthly even without the period.  My husband could feel something without intercourse.  He described what it felt like, I googled a pic and showed it to him and he said the tip was exactly what it felt like. However, I got it put in right at my 6-week post-partum check up where I was 169lbs and I ballooned up to 190lbs even though I've always consistently worked out and eat fairly clean.  I was barely eating about 1100 calories a day, so I should've been dropping the weight.  Once I got it removed I dropped to 160 within a month.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com For me, I didn't feel it but knowing that I had it inside just stressed me out because I had already suspected that I was gaining weight from it, which they didn't tell me that could be a side effect during my visit, so it played with how I felt about my weight.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@emmamidgettiectskin-com I gotta say I knew very little about IUDs before I got mine and I went in blind because I expected to go on the pill when I went in for my 6-week post-partum appointment.  Instead, after a quick conversation with the doctor, I came out with an IUD.  I feel I should've made an appointment for a later date and done more research in between, so that I could've been better informed.  It wasn't a good experience for me but there are others that haven't had an issue.

ReplyQuote
(@daniellesmithiectskin-com)

@francescablackiectskin-com exactly why i'll never get one. there are so many other forms of contraception

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com thats so unfortunate, period cramps are painful already as it is. I cant imagine something making them worse!

ReplyQuote

Ive always been fearful of IUD's and any sort of implant into my skin or body. It jsut doesnt seem appealing to me to not have to option to stop or remove it in the case of discomfort or regret/changing my mind (i do that alot). I've only been on the pill which made me have a 44 day long period and then the patch which contributed to extreme nausea in which I quit both and never looked back. I'm not brave enough for the IUD especially with all of the side effects I've heard that come along with it as well

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

after my first child, I got the paragard IUD and it made my periods so much worse than they original were. I gave it a year to see if my body would adjust to it and it never did so I got it taken out. it was one of the most painful procedures having it placed and it was so uncomfortable during intimacy. I've never been a fan of any form of birth control but I thought it was necessary after having my first child... turns out its really not.

ReplyQuote

@olgacoloniectskin-com I didn't have the best experience either. no one prepared me for the pain I was going to endure during that appointment so I, kind of like you, went in blind thinking it was going to be fine. I had the worst cramps for a fews days following the procedure. I know everyone tolerates pain differently but i still wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com of course they may tell you the side effects but they don't fully prepare you for what your body is going to endure and the toll it takes on your mental health as well as your physical health.

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

@brianahetlandiectskin-com My gyn sedated me for my IUD. This was at my second attempt at having one. The first attempt was about 7 years ago, before I had a baby. Worst paint ever - I had the gyn stop trying to insert IUD. It was horrifying and I am super scared of everything at the GYN now for any appointment hah.

ReplyQuote
(@melissalandersiectskin-com)

I got my IUD when my youngest was a baby.  The insertion feels weird and a little uncomfortable but so worth it.  I had horrible cramps and periods for as long as I could remember so not having periods was a dream.  Everyone is different though.  

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@brianahetlandiectskin-com Sometimes, like in my case, they don't tell you the potential side effects.  When I got mine, I was just told it would be great because I didn't have to remember to take the pill.  I asked about side effects and was told the basic, may have some spotting or it could get dislodged but that was about it. And in reality, the only major side effect I had was the sudden weight loss but I feel the doctor should've discussed that since I had told her I was trying to lose the baby weight.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!