Clear all

Teeth Enhancing Treatment

28 Posts
12 Users
2 Likes
(@deborah)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

This is the dentist-approved teeth enhancing treatment that will instantly transform your smile

Something to smile about.

We stand by the motto 'your beauty, your rules' at GLAMOUR but we also appreciate that being self-conscious about your teeth can be debilitating. It's for this reason that the demand for cosmetic dentistry is increasing, with whitening toothpastes, braces like Invisilign and veneers becoming more and more common. The problem is, braces can be a slow and painful process, and veneers involve filing down your natural tooth into a spike, before fitting the porcelain cap on top, which cannot be undone. And while teeth whitening is the quick and most cost-effective treatment, it can't fix everything.

For a minimally invasive, instantly transformative alternative to veneers and braces, many are turning to a treatment known as composite bonding, which can transform your smile in under an hour without any heavy filing, drilling or disruption.

Here's everything you need to know about the treatment, straight from expert dentist Dr Rhona Eskander...

300w, 400w, 600w, 900w" data-sizes="auto" />

How does composite bonding work?

"Composite bonding is a cosmetic technique wherein a type of dental material, in this case, composite resin, is shaped and moulded on your teeth to give the appearance of a straighter, whiter smile," explains Dr Eskander. " Your dentist will then add the composite resin, cure it with a special light and finish by polishing your teeth. Because the process involves a high level of technique for a natural mould and shape, it's best to work with a dentist who has experience in this area."

Will I have to have my teeth shaved down?

Unlike traditional veneers, which require the tooth to be permanently shaved down before the veneers can be fitted on top, composite bonding can be applied on top of the natural tooth. "Bonding is a bit like adding shellac to the nails," explains Dr Eskander. "It can be used to cover the whole surface or just the edges, which means minimal destruction to the teeth."

What kind of conditions can composite bonding treat?

"It can be used as a cosmetic solution to chipped teeth, gapped teeth and staining in both teeth and fillings," advises Dr Eskander. The treatment is also very popular among teeth grinders who have worn down the edges of their teeth.

How long does it take?

According to Dr Eskander, "the upper 6 teeth are usually treated and this takes 2-3 hours in one session followed by a 30 minute review." If it's just one tooth that needs treating then you could be in and out within the hour.

What are the cons?

As with any treatment, there is a downside. "Bonding is more prone to chipping and staining and is not suitable for all dental cases," says Dr Eskanda. "If your smile is crooked as the result of an over or underbite, this treatment won't serve to correct it. Instead, speak with your dentist to determine if more in-depth work is needed, like adjusting your bite or any complex chips or gaps in your teeth. Bonding is primarily for those who seek a cosmetic solution for teeth that are otherwise healthy."

Is there any aftercare required?

"Having bonding requires maintenance so you'll need to see your dentist for regular check ups," says Dr Eskanda. "The teeth are also prone to chipping and staining so you should avoid biting down on particularly hard foods or ice to prevent cracking."

How much does it cost?

Composite bonding can range anywhere between £250 - £450 per tooth. Although this is expensive, it is a fraction of the cost of other treatments like veneers, which start at around £800 per tooth.

(@francescablackiectskin-com)

This kind of reminds me of bath fitters. Like how if your bathtub was all nasty and broken, the solution would be to simply cover it with a mold. Or nail additions. I can see this being a very popular quick-treatment that obviously cheaper and less permanent than veneers. Fast-fashion and instant correction to individual flaws (waxing, lashes, hair additions, and instant teeth whitening/straightening) are major markets in society right now- especially American society. 

I would be weary of just covering what could possibly lead to more damage or wear after time. Or how it would affect the teeth if it were to break or damage. 

ReplyQuote
(@lindseycoganiectskin-com)

@francescablackiectskin-com ?  YES! Like bath fitters. 

ReplyQuote
(@lindseycoganiectskin-com)

This is an interesting technique. I like the idea of it better than veneers. That's a cringe worthy process. But these just don't seem worth the price tag considering the continued checkups, staining, and chipping. So this creates more problems than you had before... no thanks. 

ReplyQuote
(@francescablackiectskin-com)

@lindseycoganiectskin-com right! Thats what  was thinking, in the long run with the initial procedure, follow ups, touch ups, and and damage or cosmetic costs....all to have never fixed the original problems. 

ReplyQuote
(@gabriellemrasiectskin-com)

I'm not really sure this is worth the price tag, you might as well just get veneers and at least with those you wont experience chipping or staining. I will say this is a very interesting different technique and if people are willing to pay for this and go along with the process then go for it but it doesn't seem like it will be very lasting in the long run. 

ReplyQuote
(@deborah)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I agree with you all that this will not fix problems that people have. It is just a cover. If there are minor issues with a tooth (chipped) I can see bonding can be good. I would not have several teeth bonded if there were issues that needed to be fixed on another level

ReplyQuote
(@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com)

I would love to eventually have teeth enhancements done. I would love a fuller brighter smile but I think it doesn't matter if you get veneers or bonding they are both expensive and have cons. I guess it just depends on what you're looking to do to your teeth. But personally I would rather just get veneers. 

ReplyQuote

@gabriellemrasiectskin-com I agree I would rather just get veneers for the price! 

ReplyQuote
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

I have been looking into veneers for a long time because i just have never been in love with my teeth. Through years of research, veneers are only designed to last about 20 years which sounds like a long time until youre getting them redone for another 20 grand in your 50's. Not to mention if one of them breaks your shaved tooth will be exposed which is terrifying. If youve seen the photos of pre-veneered teeth the teeth shaved down look like tictacs sprouting from your gums. But with composite bonding they dont shave down your teeth nor is it as expensive.

ReplyQuote
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

Definitely agree that if your reasoning for the composite is because of decay and internal damage, it is probably not the best idea to simply just cover them before fixing the issue at hand.  

ReplyQuote
(@keyonnastarksiectskin-com)

I personally want to get teeth enhancement. I would love to get my teeth whitened or possibly consider getting veneers in the future. I would have to do a lot of research if I move forward with getting veneers because sometimes they can look "too fake" in my opinion. I want to go for a more natural look with my veneers.  

ReplyQuote
(@tristasensemaniectskin-com)

I think this is awesome! I have braces now and will be getting veneers or something to make improvements.. but this seems great, since they wouldnt have to drill down my teeth. I think dental pain is the worst! On the other hand, i hate going to the dentist and if these are more prone to chipping and damage, I may stick with veneers. 

ReplyQuote

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com Yes, I agree! This looks totally crazy when veneers come off. Also, so many dentist are packed all the time, it is very hard to get an appointment, especially if this happens on a weekend! I would be really upset!

ReplyQuote

@deborah I def agree, if its just minor damage like chipped teeth..this would be an ok option. Especially like the article mentioned, with chipped teeth from grinding, I have a lot of those.. that i wouldnt put veneers over but maybe something like this. 

ReplyQuote
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

I don't think people should look at these like a fix for their teeth. If there is a higher chance for chipping or if they get stained easily then I don't think that they should waste their money. I think it could fix a chipped tooth or two but not your whole mouth. 

ReplyQuote

@keyonnastarksiectskin-com I know a few people with veneers and they don't look that great. I have used RX whitening strips and they made my teeth pearly white but sensitive until I went a couple months without using them then they were fine. 

ReplyQuote

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com I agree, I think I would honestly fix my teeth then maybe consider having this or veneers if my teeth were bad. 

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com 

I have had veneers in the past and they broke after a few years. I have crowns now and the only thing I do not like is that they can't be whitened as per several dentists. I asked my dentist in February 2022 if there was a way to whiten my crowns and she told me no only if I get a new crown

ReplyQuote

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com I agree I think that some veneers look extremely unnatural 

ReplyQuote
(@cameranriddleiectskin-com)

This to me is not worth the price tag. It cool and a more effective way to have a better whiter smile but ill stick with the cheap white strips.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com Thats the point of veneers to look nice and crowns. Im surprised theres no way to whiten crowns thats strange. 

ReplyQuote

@tristasensemaniectskin-com It is good that they dont have drill down or break down any teeth. Also its not harmful.

ReplyQuote
(@noracrainiectskin-com)

There are so many different products and treatments out there to help fix and whiten your teeth. Like the strips, the can work after a while, but can make your teeth super sensitive. all the toothpastes that claim to whiten the teeth, the activated charcoal. and this. This seems like a cheap solution, yes could get messed up in the future, but a beautiful smile can help someone with the confidence they need. 

ReplyQuote
(@noracrainiectskin-com)

@cameranriddleiectskin-com The fact that they arent harmful i feel is why it is such a good solution. There are people with messed up teeth that are so bad they have to be completely removed and fake teeth put in, and that can be very harmful. My cousin was doing that and infection set in and got into his heart. Hopefully soon there will be more solutions to a fixing a full set

ReplyQuote
(@noracrainiectskin-com)

@cameranriddleiectskin-com I had my teeth whitened, i did a 60 minute session because i had a coupon for 50% off after i had a tattoo laser treatment. it was interesting, but i will not be going back for that service. it really was not worth the money. I too will stick to the strips, even though my teeth get a little sensitive 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin

@noracrainiectskin-com 

I have crowns which all the dentists I have gone to say can't be whitened. If I were to get new crowns with a whiter shade then I could get the remainder wihiter. I was hoping to hear there was a process to whiten crowns

ReplyQuote
Member Admin

@cameranriddleiectskin-com 

Yes me too. With all the new innovative treatments I would think that there would be somthing out there

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!