Clear all

Protection - Face Masks

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Does a face mask protect me, or just the people around me?

It likely provides protection for both.

Studies on the new coronavirus and other germs show wearing a mask helps stop infected people from spreading disease to others. Evidence also suggests that masks may offer some protection for the people wearing them.

The virus spreads from droplets people spray when they cough, sneeze or talk. Surgical or cloth face masks can block most of those particles from spreading.

While some droplets may still spread out, wearing a mask could reduce the amount, providing a benefit to others. Research shows people don’t get as sick when exposed to smaller amounts of virus, said Dr. Monica Gandhi, a virus expert at University of California, San Francisco.

And masks may protect the people wearing them by reducing the amount of droplets from others that might make contact with them.

In two U.S. food processing plants where masks were required and infection clusters occurred, Gandhi noted that most workers who developed COVID-19 had mild illness or no symptoms.

Research on a different coronavirus has also found low infection rates among people who frequently wore masks in public.

Experts say masks are particularly important with the new coronavirus because infected people can be contagious even if they don’t have symptoms.

___

(@noracrainiectskin-com)

I believe that when worn and maintained properly, wearing a mask is useful. It doesn't protect 100% but it's better than nothing if you or other people have a virus. Some people make a huge deal about having to wear a mask, I know its annoying and uncomfortable, but I say its easier to just put one on than make a big deal. I feel bad for nurses, dental workers and other workers what have to wear 2 masks and a face shield all day. I have a friend who is a dental hygienist and she told me she has to wear 2 masks and a face shield all day and wasn't getting enough oxygen and almost passed out. So I am happy I only have to wear 1! 

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I agree with you Nora. It won't protect 100% but it is better than wearing none. Some people do not know how to wear them correctly. I do feel that after a few hrs my breathing is hard. I would rather wear the mask than not be protected at all

ReplyQuote
(@gabriellemrasiectskin-com)

Masks obviously wont protect us 100% from this virus but it at least will protect us the vast majority which is better than nothing. Yes the masks are annoying and uncomfortable to wear but at least we are now allowed out of our houses and able to go places just with the simple task of wearing a mask. I dont see the big deal that people are making about having to wear the masks it really seems to be getting out of control in my opinion. If people would just follow the rules and do what they are supposed to do this probably could have been under control a while ago. 

ReplyQuote
(@sydneymissaleiectskin-com)

@gabriellemrasiectskin-com It's crazy after 2 years how normalized mask wearing has become. I don't remember what going into the store or work without a mask is like anymore. Although they wont fully protect us from the virus, it is a good precautionary measure to put out. But I agree with you, just follow the rules and listen to the guidelines. The people who dont follow are risking others. 

ReplyQuote
(@tristasensemaniectskin-com)

I always hear different opinions about the Masks, but I say better safe than sorry. I've always been freaked out and borderline offended by people who just go out in public (work, school or grocery store) while sick. BUT now when I go out and hear people coughing and sneezing.. I feel like I'm just waiting for the CDC to come capture that person. I also, feel like right now is the worst time to have allergies and have to go in public, lol. Everyone should wear the mask just in case. 

ReplyQuote

@noracrainiectskin-com I agree, It is annoying and easy to forget them... so its sometimes an inconvenience, but it is ((probably)) temporary and for our own good. I am so over COVID and will continue to wear the mask, until we are rid of this! 

ReplyQuote

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com I agree. I always wear a mask with my clients, a lot of them are getting ready to travel and I would feel terrible if I unknowingly gave them covid and prevented them from traveling. Also, even besides covid, I am glad people are wearing mask in general. I've always felt like people dont give you enough distance in public and even now, people dont respect the six feet rule! 

ReplyQuote
(@camiryndavisiectskin-com)

I believe that the mask protects both. Working in the healthcare during the pandemic has shown me how fast the virus can spread without proper steps taken. When the mask is worn properly and hand washing happens frequently it does protect us alot. Without wearing mask i believe the diffrent strands of the virus wouldve spread faster.

ReplyQuote

@tristasensemaniectskin-com  Wearing a mask can totally be annoying a couple times during the pandemic I walked in the store without the mask and got a death stare of a lifetime before I could figure out why.

ReplyQuote

@tristasensemaniectskin-com I agree I would also get upset when people would be around me knowing that they were fighting a cold or something. Now with the pandemic I am extra cautious in the beginning I was like you a cough or sneeze would freak me out.

ReplyQuote
(@cameranriddleiectskin-com)

I think masks are helpful obviously because they stop you from spreading bacteria and any saliva to others. The corona virus is a weird disease because you could carry it and not know and be asymptomatic. Wearing a mask places with help the stop of passing it around.

ReplyQuote

@tristasensemaniectskin-com I totally agree with you about people who go into stores sick. Its gross! Especially right now. Why would you go out into public knowing you may have a cold or something and not wearing a mask. Its just so crazy. 

ReplyQuote

@noracrainiectskin-com I couldn't imagine wearing more than one mask! I will say i do complain about wearing them but it is selfish of me because it protects others too. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!