Never Wore Sunscree...

Notifications
Clear all

Never Wore Sunscreen

50 Posts
17 Users
1 Likes
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

@camrynauxtiectskin-com A lot of people tend to get actinic ketatosis or skin cancers on the left side of their face because they don't think to put sunscreen on every day and the sun is still coming in though their cars while they are driving.

ReplyQuote
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

@cameranriddleiectskin-com If you look at people who have been truck drivers for instance they have so much sun damage on their left side of their faces because they never wore sunscreen. Its crazy that even just driving in the car and having the sun on your face can effect your skin.

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

I always wear sunscreen even in the winter time when I dont have anything crazy planned, if im going outside I will have sunscreen, the SPF varies of course. I wear it to prevent from things such as skin cancer but also from aging due to sun damage. 

ReplyQuote

@student I agree, the knowledge of how damaging the sun really could be on the skin should be taught at a young at by teachers or parents because it is something that is important to learn while young.

ReplyQuote

@camrynauxtiectskin-com I agree, if it just became a habit just like moisturizer it would be so simple to keep up with.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

Just like her, there are so many people who don't use sunscreen or even moisturizer, which can cause their skin to look rubbery as they age.  I remember a few years ago I was on a beach in Europe and came across a lady whose skin looked rubbery.  I saw her apply a tanning lotion instead of suncreen and I wondered how much damage that would do to her skin.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com Correct.  It's all in the routine we develop.  I never used to worry about sunscreen when I was younger but once I got into a routine, I never forget about it.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com That's a great thing you do.  Sometimes people think that because it's cold outside in the winter, we don't need sunscreen but they couldn't be more wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@franciscrespoiectskin-com)

Many of us grew up in a generation where worshiping the sun was what we did. No sunscreen and no protection. We didn't have warnings or studies like we have now. It was a different era. I had a friend that found a mole in his back, someone else pointed it out to him because he couldn't see it. After he got it checked, he found out he had Melanoma Stage 3 and within 3 months, it was stage 4 and he died 3 months later. He wore sunscreen on is face and arms but really never on his back. It's very important to wear sunscreen as a precaution every day, everywhere in your body.

ReplyQuote

@karyssamarleriectskin-com I didn't start wearing sunscreen regularly until I was in my 40s and it took me a while to wear it during the winter, once I moved to a colder state but now I don't miss a day.

ReplyQuote

@karyssamarleriectskin-com You would think I would know about protecting your skin and wearing sunscreen growing up in the Caribbean, however, that was never thought to us when I was growing up. I did it with my kids because they loved being in the sun but I think I was more of the exception as a parent to do so.

ReplyQuote
(@melissalandersiectskin-com)

Growing up in the 70's, we didn't have all of the sunscreen options that we have now.  The main thing I remember is the white zinc oxide for my nose.  When my kids were little, I chased them around trying to get them slathered.  I hope they will try to practice that good habit that can save you so much trouble later.

ReplyQuote
(@alexisdozieriectskin-com)

Before getting school and becoming interested in skincare I never knew the importance of wearing an SPF daily. I would never wear one and when I would go out in the sun I was very forgetful about reapplying sunscreen. This article is defiantly very eye opening and i'm glad I made that change to keep myself protected from the sun especially having very fair skin.

ReplyQuote

@karyssamarleriectskin-com  I do the same now. It's extremely important to keep your skin protected from the sun to prevent skin cancer and aging as you said.

ReplyQuote

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com I'm the same way I burn extremely easy compared to my friends growing up. I try to avoid staying in the sun for long periods of time tanning because I have come to accept that my skin is not made for it nor is it good for skin in general.

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

Oh no! Sun damage and skin cancer can age a person by YEARS!  Sunscreen is so important, and so is the right kind of sunscreen! Skin cancer is so easy to get. I remember when I was in middle school and high school, being tan was what the popular girls were. I wanted to be tan so bad so for a while I used all tanning products. I have changed my mindset over the years- I'd rather wear sunscreen and protect my skin from skin cancer and than have the "perfect tan". 

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

@alexisdozieriectskin-com My skin is super sensitive to the sun too. In the summer, I wear an spf of 100. I wish I wouldn't burn so easily.

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

i never wore sunscreen when i was younger. not even on my face! i thought if i didnt wear it i would tan quicker and darker. as i got older i started getting spots of hyperpigmentation which prompted me to start applying sunscreen daily to my face with my moisturizer. i admit im not as strict on the rest of my body for day to day wear. 

ReplyQuote

@olgacoloniectskin-com i always make sure to have spf in any face moisturizer i buy. its a must. especially after having melasma when i had a summer baby.

ReplyQuote

@karyssamarleriectskin-com i just always applied sunscreen to my babies because of how delicate their skin was. i didnt know the severity of sun damage until esthetics school really. my son tries to argue with me all the time but one day he will thank me. my father in law and mother in law both had basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carinoma. that is just another reason to lather them up!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!