Cool Sculpting

16 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Uses
CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting® Elite are FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental (under the chin) and submandibular (under the jawline) areas, thigh, abdomen, and flank, along with bra fat, back fat, underneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll), and upper arm. It is also FDA-cleared to affect the appearance of lax tissue with submental area treatments. CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting® Elite are not treatments for weight loss.
Important Safety Information
These procedures are not for everyone. You should not be treated with CoolSculpting® or CoolSculpting® Elite if you suffer from cryoglobulinemia, cold agglutinin disease, or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria.
Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions including recent surgery, pre-existing hernia, and any known sensitivities or allergies.
During the procedure you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild pinching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping at the treatment site. These sensations lessen as the area becomes numb. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity, and sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental or submandibular area treatment.
Rare side effects may happen in 1 to 10 out of 10,000 CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting® Elite treatments (between 0.01% to 0.1%). One such rare side effect is a visible enlargement in the treated area, which may develop 2 to 5 months after treatment and requires surgical intervention for correction.

(@sydneymissaleiectskin-com)

I think Coolsculpting is good for people who are on a weight loss journey but need the push to help get some of the stubborn fat off of certain areas. I did some research and apparently after 3-4 weeks after the treatment, you will start to notice a difference but the real improvements come 8-10 weeks after treatment. A con of this would be that it is around $2k-$4k, but I think that is worth it for a non invasive procedure that removes 20%-25% of the fat cells in the area that was treated. Another good thing about Coolsculpting is that theres little to no recovery time, but unlike liposuction, you have to go in a few times for the treatment. 

ReplyQuote
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com  I defiantly agree that its a good treatment for someone whos looking for the extra push. Ive heard mixed reviews on cool sculpting, whether it "works" or not. However there are so many other outside factors contributing to not seeing results. it is nice though, to have no recovery time. 

ReplyQuote
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

Id like to try cool sculpting , honestly. However, it is pretty expensive for only one treatment. If i had to money to try it i would, especially because theres no down time. 

ReplyQuote
(@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com)

So I have heard mixed things about cool sculpting but apparently it is supposed to be an effective way to remove stubborn fat. I'd have quite a few areas that I would want to have done so the price is a little high for me! 

ReplyQuote
(@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com)

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com I agree I do love that there is no downtime! 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

My mom has actually tried coolsculpting in an attempt to tighten the skin on her neck and jaw. It was extremely expensive and honestly we couldn't tell any difference. I hope others have had a better experience with this instead of wasting their money.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com I personally think that if I'm paying $2-4k for a treatment, then more than 20-25% of fat cells would need to be removed for me to justify spending that kind of money. I understand how it being non-invasive would be a huge pro to some, but it's not worth it to me.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com I agree that coolsculpting probably isn't the best option if you have multiple areas you want to be treated. It would be nice if there was a more cost efficient version.

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lanajacksoniectskin-com 

I have seen people that have had this procedure and developed hematomas (trauma, blood outside of the blood vessel, pooling)after which are costly to fix. Blood clots can also develop.

It gives a lumpy feeling in the area of skin where it develops

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

Before I started school I was helping perform CoolSculpting procedures. It is definitely all how your body reacts to the procedure, some people have great results and some people not so much. With the newest system out, the Elite system, studies have shown greater results just by the way the applicator was changed giving it more contact to the body. It is for sure on the pricey side, but it is important to make sure you do research on who is doing your procedure! Even though it is rare, PAH was the biggest concern for most people since the only way to get rid of it is liposuction. 

ReplyQuote

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com I have always wanted to get it done but it was super pricey for me as well. I like the fact that it is non- invasive and there is no downtime though!

ReplyQuote

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com I think a lot of people go into treatments without knowing how long it takes to see results, and how you still have to maintain a healthy lifestyle even though it is a permanent procedure. The fat cells that are frozen drain out through your lymphatic system which is why the fat loss process is longer. If you continue an unhealthy lifestyle the remaining fat cells in the body can expand, and you may not notice any results.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com From this article, cool sculpting is explained to only reduce the "Appearance" of fat in certain areas, which is a key word here. It is not getting rid of the fat but simply adjusting the placement of it.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

Cool Sculpting seems like a very interesting technique for visible fat reduction in the body, but does it get rid of the fat itself or just modify the appearance of it by moving it to other areas of the body where it is not or less noticeable. It must be a great supplemental treatment to those who are already going through a weight loss journey.  

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@student It must highly depend on the person and how their body reacts to treatments like this. I'm sorry your mom had a bad one and I hope she found something else that works for her!

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!