(@deborah)
Member Admin
08/10/2019 10:28 am  

The Importance of Good Posture

By

Health Fitness Revolution

-

August 18, 2019

Everyone can remember their mother correcting them with “Stand up straight!” and “Don’t slouch!” And honestly, mom was right all along- there are medical reasons why good posture is so fundamental to good health. Health Fitness Revolution did some research and here’s what we found for you.

• Avoid Health Complications: Over time, slouching increases your chances of having a spinal disc slip, back pain, back aches, decreased blood circulation, and chest pressure. Improper posture takes a toll on muscles in your neck, shoulders, back, and hips, and leads to problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome in your wrists
  • Facilitates your Breathing: There’s a reason pilates, yoga, and meditation exercises pay so much attention to posture: because it helps you breathe! Close your eyes, slouch, and breathe. Now consciously pull your shoulders back and breathe. There should be a noticeable difference in the amount of air your lungs take in. Having good posture opens up your airways and facilitates good breathing.
  • Increases thinking power and Concentration: Our brains require 20% oxygen to functions properly. Therefore, by increasing your good posture habits, you facilitate your breathing and take in more oxygen. Oxygen is the best food for your brain and with that, you have more energy to focus and think during the day.
  • Feel Better about Yourself: If you consciously adjust your posture now, we’re sure you’ll notice a difference in how you feel. When you have good posture you naturally have more self-confidence and boosts in happiness. Try it for yourself!
  • Improves your Image: When you feel confident and happy, you portray an attractive and inviting image of yourself to others. It will give you a great first impression, whether it be the first day of school or that ideal job interview.

So stand up, look forward, pull your shoulders back and be healthy as you take on your day!

(@angierodrigueziectskin-com)
09/10/2019 7:45 am  

As I was reading this it made me sit up straight, and focus on my posture. Actually, it's been something that has been affecting my body. It's so easy, to be mindless, and your body adjusts to habits, and some of those habits aren't good for us. I've noticed that my posture, has had an impact on my body. I've been dealing with neck, shoulder and back pain. When I become aware of my posture, and make a few adjustments, it totally takes the pressure off and the pain goes away. It's becoming aware of our own bodies, and taking new techniques for better posture to become habits that we don't even have to think about, like breathing, it just happens. 

ReplyQuote
(@mikaylaalleniectskin-com)
09/10/2019 12:03 pm  

I always forget to check my posture until my back hurts lol even while practicing facials I notice I'm not sitting up straight

ReplyQuote
(@carliecannestroiectskin-com)
10/10/2019 2:53 pm  

This is everything I learned in yoga training lol but what the article doesn't mention is that if you are sitting or standing for long periods of time everyday, there's no way your core muscles can hold you up for that long and they're gonna give out. And most desks aren't designed for support. If your sitting for a long period of time make sure your back is supported by placing a pillow behind you and if you're standing, take a stretching break every two hours. 

ReplyQuote
(@deborah)
Member Admin
17/10/2019 2:29 pm  

My mom noticed I was rounding my shoulders when I walked or sat. For a while I remember having to walk around my house for short periods of time with a book on my head. This might sound silly but it did improve my posture

ReplyQuote

We're Sorry

You must be logged in first to use the timeclock

Login
Share:
error: Content is protected !!

Please Login or Register