Consultation - Dipp...

Notifications
Clear all

Consultation - Dipping Powder

61 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

I've heard about how people have gotten infections from dipping powder. I've gotten it a couple times before and honestly the only reason I didn't get it more often is because they dont massage your hands after like they do with a normal polish. 

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com 

The problem is everyone else is dipping their fingers in the same powder. it is supposed to be put in a one time use dish for that client. That usually does not happen as it is not economical for the business. Too much wasted powder. i had it one time and the whole time that is what I was thinking, Infection!

ReplyQuote
(@student)

I often wonder how a lot of nail salons haven't been shut down. I feel like some of them either don't follow disinfection guidelines closely enough, or there aren't enough of them in place. The last time I went to a nail salon, they used the drill on my nails but nicked my skin multiple times. They didn't do anything about it and part of my acrylics were stained red because of how much I was bleeding. It sounds a bit drastic, but I don't see myself ever getting my nails done again, it's just not worth the risk. 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

I often wonder how a lot of nail salons haven't been shut down. I feel like some of them either don't follow disinfection guidelines closely enough, or there aren't enough of them in place. The last time I went to a nail salon, they used the drill on my nails but nicked my skin multiple times. They didn't do anything about it and part of my acrylics were stained red because of how much I was bleeding. It sounds a bit drastic, but I don't see myself ever getting my nails done again, it's just not worth the risk. 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com I agree that the powder should be put in a smaller container. I feel like it wouldn't be that hard, nor would it really cause that much waste. What little bit that is leftover and would have to be thrown out would be worth the lower risk of infection.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@marlimartiniectskin-com I think it's smart to put more money into a place that values sanitation over the quickness of the service. I've also tried to do my own nails and they never come out right, but it really does save money, and you can make sure everything is sanitary.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

Its crazy how unsanitary nail salons get away with being. I've never gotten a manicure myself but I went with a friend to get hers once and she got dip powder, they fully dipped her nails into the container that came right off the shelf. Unfortunately even with the risk of a fungal infection her nails didn't even turn out looking good because they were lumpy. I don't know if I would ever get a manicure myself but if I did I would make sure to choose a reputable salon. 

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@lanajacksoniectskin-com I completely agree, they should at least be separating some of the dip powder from the container and placing it in a new one. Unfortunately salons like that will do whatever they can to save money.

ReplyQuote
(@student)

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com I wonder why they don't massage your hands after, though, I'm glad that you stopped getting the dip powder manicure even if it was for a different reason.

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

I have been getting dip nails for years and it's safe to say majority of the time I've gotten my nails done my nails are dipped into a used container. Just recently, they started putting the powder in a separate container, then the remainder is poured back in the original one. I haven't thought about the dip possibly causing infections until recently, but when they use an old nail file or what seems to be an unsanitized tool has always made me nervous.

ReplyQuote

@nicoleweberiectskin-com I agree. It's so important to find someone that cares about the service they are performing on you. It's definitely one thing to make them look good since you're paying quite a bit of money, but for them to not clean their tools is an infection waiting to happen.

ReplyQuote

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com I used to get the dip manicures because they would do the massage, and they would never do it when I got a regular manicure. Dip powder also lasted a lot longer for me, but I eventually realized keeping up with my nails so often did not seem worth it for me.

ReplyQuote
Member Admin

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com The powder should be taken out and placed in a container just for that person and the leftover discarded. Most places do not take this step which can lead to infection after all people are dipping into the same jar.

ReplyQuote
Member Admin

@nicoleweberiectskin-com 

I do not know why that is . The one time I had it used I also got a hand massage

ReplyQuote
(@emmamidgettiectskin-com)

I recently started getting dip power on my nails rather than gel because I was told it was more healthy for the nail I was not aware if done improperly it could cause that bad of an infection. 

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com Same , I feel like that is not something you think about because in your mind you are just going to get your nails done , you are not putting too much thought into it other than what they look like.

ReplyQuote

@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com Yes , every time I get dip powder they do not give me a hand massage and a lot of the time that is the part I look forward too.

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

@deborah I agree, some people dont think to use a separate dip powder unfortunately

ReplyQuote

I have started to just do my own nails with dip powder sometimes too because every time I went to get them done my cuticles would end up butchered  and its way less affordable than it used to be.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I agree, the money is definently worth it when someone cares for your well being and all around follows safety and health instructions.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

It bothers me so much when I go to a nail salon and they file my nailbed completely.  It's so painful.  I went to New York last year for thanksgiving and decided to go to a nail salon there.  The lady there filed my nail so long and did dip powder and I was in so much pain that I could barely sleep that first night.  She cut me so much, I thought I was going to get an infection.  My fingers were hurting for days but I'm just glad I didn't get an infection.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com Yes, sometimes is best to do your nails yourself and not let them butcher your cuticles.  They have plenty of products now that make it easier to do your your nails at home.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@emmamidgettiectskin-com I think that's most nail techs now a days.  Back 15 and even 10 years ago they used to give massages, now it's extra if your want a hand massage because they're just trying to get people in and out as fast as possible.

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

when dip powder first came out I loved it so much! it took me about three times of getting it done to come to the realization of how unsanitary it really is with how many different fingers or toes go into the product that is reused with no real way of sanitizing it. I have never gone back to that and will never. 

ReplyQuote

@olgacoloniectskin-com oh man when they file your nail down so much and then put chemicals over it making your nails feel so fragile!! Ive gotten to that point before where my fingers just feel so sore for a few days following. I've learned to just pay the money to nail techs who actually know what they are doing to my nails.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com my nail tech actually asks me everytime if I want my nail file! its really nice because I don't have to buy my own or worry if I'm using one that was used on another client.

ReplyQuote
(@alexisdozieriectskin-com)

That is really scary to think about because I used to get dip powder when I was younger and I do not remember them using a separate container from the original which is very very gross thinking back on it. They defiantly need to take the right precautions because it can affect peoples health and their business.

ReplyQuote

@emmamidgettiectskin-com I was not aware of that either when I was getting it done.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com Some nail salons defiantly have scared me. They do a lot of things that are very unsanitary especially because they usually do cut me.

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

It's been so long since I have had my nails one- I don't remember if they dipped my nails in the jar or not. It doesn't sound sanitary at all. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
error: Content is protected !!