Consultation Accutane

44 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com)

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I totally agree with you

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

One of my best friends in high school got on accutane for her cystic acne, but she had terribly dry skin and would get nose bleeds because of how dry her nose would get. It was a huge confidence booster for her though after she got off of it because she went from cystic acne all over to clear skin 

ReplyQuote

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com This definitely is something that should not be taken lightly. I agree it should be a last resort after doing research on it because treatment can be very intense for some.

ReplyQuote

@marlimartiniectskin-com I used to have terrible cystic acne and I looked into accutane as a last resort. after looking into it and seeing the side effects my friend had, as well as how often she would have to go into her doctor so they could  monitor how she was doing on accutane I decided that it probably wasn't the best option for me.

ReplyQuote
(@daniellesmithiectskin-com)

I was on accutane for 9 months or so, I was warned about all the side effects and prior to being prescribed accutane, I was on a sample of doxycycline. Which resulted in a rare side effect reaction (intracranial hypertension) that caused me to lose my vision fully for about 15 minutes, so I was terrifed of other medications especially accutane. I ended up going through with it and luckily my experience was so smooth. I had no dry skin, no nose bleeds, no health complications, no anything. The worst part was the purging of the skin, but that subsided after a few months and now 5 years later I have great skin and not many things trigger breakouts for me. And if I do get a break out it lasts just a day or two.

ReplyQuote

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com I remember I had to go in every month for a pregnancy test and sign a whole iPledge paper work to allow me to get my next prescription they were so strict

ReplyQuote

@carliecannestroiectskin-com It does depend on the person because I was told so many horror stories about accutane but my experience was smooth and had no complications with my skin or body.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@deborah I was lucky all throughout my teenage years.  I never had a single pimple, even during my period my skin was what I would call it "perfect" if there's such thing as perfect skin.  At least it was for me.  I had no blemishes or scarring like my friends.  However, all that changed when I was 20.  I deployed to the middle east, I woke up the first day there and suddenly I had blemishes all over my face.  I completely freaked out and went to the medical trailer.  The medical assistant looked at me like I was crazy.  I explained to her this was brand new and I never experienced it.  It took many years and many over the counter and prescriptions to get my skin to somewhat normal.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I went to the doctor several times after a friend told me about accutane and I asked about it but it seemed like this doctor was completely against it.  This was in the early 2000s, so I'm assuming he had heard of the representative's son's death because he kept telling me about the side effects including the potential for birth defects, which I didn't mind because I was not married at the time and didn't intent to get pregnant any time soon.  He said I had to take a pregnancy test first (even though I was already on birth control). I took the pregnancy test then he had me take a second one for some reason.  It was still negative.  Then he sent me home to "think about it and do some research". and never prescribed it to me.  It was a strange experience.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@carliecannestroiectskin-com I agree.  It may cause depression or suicidal ideations for some people and some others may not feel any side effects at all.  To me, it's just scary that you don't know if you'll be affected by any of these side effects until you're already taken it and sometimes it may be too late because some people don't put 2+2 together to realize that's the reason they're feeling that way because of the medication.  An example of this for me was taking melatonin.  I suffer from insomnia and the very first time I was prescribed melatonin, after 3 days I started feeling chest pains.  It was so bad I was afraid I was having a heart attack.  It wasn't until I went to the ER and the doctor there told me it was one of the rare side effects of the medication.  Even though it's naturally occurring in our body, I have an intolerance from the medication itself, which I never would've thought about.

ReplyQuote
(@melissalandersiectskin-com)

It's great to have a solution that actually gets rid of the acne.  I know a lot of the time Dr.s will start with a cream, or antibiotics as a first line treatment.  Side effects are rough I hear, the lips and corners of the mouth crack.  I never had acne, and I think it takes a toll on those that do have it.  

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

I took Accutane when was in high school for 5 months- completely turned my skin around! No acne since then except for maybe a pimple here and there. I don't recall feeling a negative effect mentally with it. What gave me depression was my acne. Maybe there's a component in Accutane that interferes with clinical depression or some sort of brain chemical that is off balance in the person. There's risks to all medicines. 

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

@melissalandersiectskin-com I took an antibiotic to help with my acne and then I ended up allergic to it, had to take steroids and then my acne got worse from the steroids. It was awful. But then I Took accutane and my face is great!

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com We never know how a medication is going to react for an individual.  I always freak out about side effects because I seem to always experience random side effects and don't figure it out until I go back and see the side effects.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!