Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cleaning

52 Posts
22 Users
2 Likes
(@camrynauxtiectskin-com)

Cleaning is extremely therapeutic for me. I enjoy having a clean space because it gives me anxiety if I have stuff everywhere or my floor/furniture aren't clean. My mom and grandparents are/were clean freaks and I'm so grateful for it lol. We vacuum the house probably 3-4 times a week and I clean my room probably daily whether it be laundry, organizing, or just wiping stuff down. 

ReplyQuote

@emmamidgettiectskin-com I agree, I can't relax until things are clean and I definitely got that from my mom. I've never understood how people can live in filth but to each their own

ReplyQuote

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com I personally like hand washing some dishes (pots, pans, bigger dishes) but someone who is a family friend has literally never used her dishwasher until my mom went and took care of her after a surgery and my mom ran every single dish in her kitchen through the dishwasher and did a cleaning cycle just for the washer itself.

ReplyQuote
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin

@camrynauxtiectskin-com 

I like a clean living space as well. I am very lucky as my husband does the majority of the cleaning now as he is retired. I do like cleaning the bathrooms, and when my anxiety is high its the best time to get different things (clothes, handbags) packed up and ready to give away. 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin

@camrynauxtiectskin-com 

I do as you cleaning pots and pans by hand sometimes. I have a friend that rinses every dish and utensil quick with soap and water then puts them in the dishwasher. I wonder about that 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin

@camrynauxtiectskin-com 

I cleaned and ironed for my mom all the time growing up. I loved to hang clothes and linens on the outside line. I do not see them too much anymore. I love the fresh smell of sheets and towels dried outside. It is a relaxing activity to clean and iron

ReplyQuote
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

I try to do the dishes every day. Sometimes I am very tired and do them the following day. I have a puppy who will get in the trash while i am not there so I have to take the trash out daily. We have shower curtants which I dont clean everyday but I do clean out the tub daily. My boyfriend will get conditioner or shampoo on the bottom of the tub and if i dont clean it daily half the time I will slip going into it. 

ReplyQuote

@camrynauxtiectskin-com I have two dogs one being a puppy so she chews up her toys and do I have to vacuum everyday. I also have the rumba going when I am not there. I keep the kitchen the most tidy because its the first thing poeple see when they walk in and I cook almost every night and I dont want a messy kitchen.

ReplyQuote

@keyonnastarksiectskin-com My boyfriend is a commercial fisherman and he would go to his friends house so he could go fishing for a couple weeks during the summer. When I would go visit on the weekends I would clean every inch of that place because there were 4 boys living there and it was gross. Before I could lay my head down it smelt amazing and was clean clean.

ReplyQuote
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

I feel like a clean freak compared to my friends. My mom has always cleaned at least twice a week and I think I just picked up that habit. It drives me crazy when I feel and see something is dirty. When I was in college, my two roommates didn't care that much. Our apartment always had crumbs/ food on the floor and I once came home to blood on the floor since one of their friends had a nose bleed the night before. I was so grossed out. I really enjoy cleaning and once I am finished I feel more put together and have a better head space. 

ReplyQuote

@camrynauxtiectskin-com Same here. My mom religiously cleans and i'm so glad that I picked up that trait of hers. I at least full on clean 1-2 times a week when I have the time, but I am good at keeping my stuff at least wiped down and organized throughout the week.

ReplyQuote

@emmamidgettiectskin-com When I wake up to a clean house I honestly feel more refreshed and ready for my day.

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

Personally, I need a clean space in order to relax. So, I end up cleaning everything once I get home, no matter how long my day was. I am the oldest of 5 siblings, 4 of them being very little. That being said it doesn't last for very long. But I do it anyway because it makes me feel good for 5 minutes lol. 

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com Me too! I absolutely get so stressed when something is out of order in my space. I wont be able to go to sleep at night if I know I am leaving a chore or task for the next day.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com I agree, I find it relaxing to clean when I am the only one at the house and there is just peace and quiet. I find it very satisfying when it is all done too.

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

I am very good at keeping my work environment clean. home environment is a little more challenging with littles. vacuuming seems like something you could skip but in my house that's something we have to do almost daily to keep the house from smelling like our dog and all that he sheds. sometimes my kids will stop the dishwasher in the middle of the wash and I wont know it till the next day when the standing water starts to smell. I know having a clean and organized environment should be a top priority but obsessing over it is not something I have the time or energy for. 

ReplyQuote
(@alexisdozieriectskin-com)

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com I agree it drives me crazy when the house is a mess and it makes me not be able to sit down and be comfortable. My boyfriend is also a huge attributer to the mess he works in crawlspaces and often brings in so much dirt which drives me crazy and I always have to pick up after him when it comes to clothes and dishes.

ReplyQuote

@brianahetlandiectskin-com I agree I usually have to vacuum daily because we have 2 dogs and my boyfriend is always bringing in dirt because of his job.

ReplyQuote

I can let a mess sit for maybe up to a day but after that it drives me crazy and i cannot sit comfortably when the house is dirty. I also have dogs that shed pretty bad so i tend to have to vacuum daily. I can't stand seeing dog hair all over the floor. My boyfriend also attributes to the mess I have noticed vesus when I lived alone.

ReplyQuote
(@melissalandersiectskin-com)

I can't go to bed with dishes in the sink!  I don't like waking up to a mess.  Not to mention, the mess can be attractive to critters, which disgusts me.  Everyone makes messes but there is only so long that I can stand it.  Thank goodness my husband thinks the way I do.

ReplyQuote
(@melissalandersiectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com I am the same way.  It is so satisfying to have everything nice and clean.  And the BEST is clean sheet night!  Even though I am not perfect, I would say that the kitchen is the place that is cleaned the most at my house.

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

I do the dishes and trash everyday but not the other things everyday. I don't have enough time or attention to do all of that everyday. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!