Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Body Dysmorphia

40 Posts
13 Users
1 Likes
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com It's true.  I remember reading a post on a page some time ago about a girl who was looking for advice on how to gain weight.  A lot of the comments were mean and saying she was just looking for attention.  She posted about he struggles to gain weight and that all the time she would be made fun of while she was in school because of how thin she was.  Sometimes we just think about those who are over weight but not much about those underweight.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com I can tell it's definitely a thing for many people.  I don't think I have body dysmorphia but I look back at pictures from years ago when I wanted to lose weight and some people kept telling me I was too skinny and shouldn't.  I used to think I was "fat" but looking back now, I was very skinny I just had certain insecurities here and there.  Now I wish I was where I was back then as far as weight. lol

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

@deborahwatersiectskin-com It wasn't until my adulthood that I learned that a lot of naturally thin people do have their insecurities about being thin. I've always thought "you're so lucky to be naturally thin" but that isn't always the case. I've heard some people I've met throughout life upset that they can't gain weight.

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

I've started to notice more people on my personal social media accounts talk about how they have body dysphoria and some of them have family members who don't believe its a real thing. Self-esteem plays a big role in it and how social media. models, hollywood, magazines portray bodies doesn't help. 

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

having body dysmorphia is real! i actually suffer from it greatly! i had an anonymous person send me a message one day when i was in high school just telling me how malnourished i looked because i was so skinny. years later i found out who it was and realized it was all just envy and jealousy. but the fact that it stuck with me unknown for so long really affected my mental health and made me very insecure in my own body. 

ReplyQuote

@olgacoloniectskin-com as we age we all wish we were the "fat" we thought we were.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com and most of the time this is what causes body dysmorphia. it never leaves you even as you try to forget the root cause of it.

ReplyQuote
(@alexisdozieriectskin-com)

I have struggled with body dysmorphia it's so difficult to accept how you look is good enough. Other people could tell you how amazing you look but you can't accept that you do. It also makes it harder on girls of this generation due to social media we are constantly seeing women with amazing bodies and it is discouraging sometimes because you don't see yourself like that.

ReplyQuote

@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com I agree social media is one of the biggest factors of it now days and why it is so common.

ReplyQuote

@sydneymissaleiectskin-com Agreed we all think famous women are happy with themselves because they look perfect in our eyes but a lot of them deal with the same thing. Megan fox is very admirable for being able to openly talk about that.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!