Clear all

Body Dysmorphia

40 Posts
13 Users
1 Likes
(@deborahwatersiectskin-com)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
&description=" data-social-href-facebook="https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u= https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/megan-fox/megan-fox-body-dysmorphia-interview%3Futm_source=facebook.com%26utm_medium=social%26utm_campaign=social-share-article%26utm_content=2021101 3">

"I have a lot of deep insecurities."

"We may look at somebody and think, 'That person's so beautiful. Their life must be so easy.' They most likely don't feel that way about themselves," she told the publication, pulling from personal experience.

"I have body dysmorphia," she revealed. "I have a lot of deep insecurities."

Kelly also shared that he has post-traumatic stress disorder from his upbringing and drug issues. "I'm basically trying to live without dying quickly every day," he said before adding that his girlfriend has helped him and inspired him to work through these things.

"I want to be as grounded as she is, but I'm not there yet," the musician said. "I'm open to it, but I don't want to fool you like I'm there. She's helped me realize that you can't bury your trauma. No one knows anything about me. They don't know how deep that rabbit hole goes with my childhood and with everything that my body has stored in itself."

The duo also shared that their relationship has its fair share of struggles and is in no way "perfect."

"This is a very intense relationship," said Fox. "Our souls chose this to absolutely have to face our shadow selves; to face things about ourselves we didn't want to have to know, that we tried to push away."

"It should be light, but also we go to hell with each other," MGK added. "It's ecstasy and agony for sure. I don't want people to think anything's perfect with us. I didn't say it was the darkest fairy tale for no reason. God help you if you would've met us last Saturday."

(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

I have only recently learned what body dysmorphia is thanks to tiktok. A far as i know body dysmorphia can go both ways. Someone severely under weight , in their head think theyre obese, and its not only in their head but when they look in the mirror they see someone completely different looking back at them. It can also be vise versa, someone who is curvy who, in the head believe theyre underweight etc. This phenomenon has been around for a number of years, and not too many people know the name, but millions of people suffer from it. This triggers anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders. 

ReplyQuote
(@abigailcochraneiectskin-com)

Knowing that body dysmorphia can occur both ways, I honestly think i may have it. In my head i think im this super hot individual but sometimes when i see pictures of myself im very humbled lol. I say that in a joking manner, but its a very serious topic, that people are just now coming to terms with and talking about. I think its very important and inspiring that models and celebrities speak out on these everyday disorders. "Everyday" people idolize, and look up to these celebrities, meanwhile they struggle with their appearance themselves. So for celebrities to speak out and normalize these emotions is important as well as being an advocate for self love. 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com 

I think we look at celebrities and think they have it altogether. Megan Fox is one of the few that have spoken up recently and its good to hear. I agree with you Abby that depression, not wanting to go out, trying to diet all the time is wrong. people are too judgmental and sometimes they don't understand that this disorder ruins peoples lives

ReplyQuote
(@sydneymissaleiectskin-com)

Abby and Debbie I totally agree with you. When we look up to these people and see that their lives may be "perfect" is daunts on us that our lives arent, or that we "dont look as good as others". I commend Meghan Fox for bringing awareness to body dysmorphia as most will not, and its a bigger deal than it is made out to be. 

ReplyQuote
(@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com)

Wow looking at these 2 I would have never thought they were going through anything. I guess that's why its so important to never judge a book by its cover. Megan Fox has had alot of pressure being such an icon and being famous as well, I can't even imagine the amount of criticism she gets regularly! I have had body dysmorphia my entire life. It's a horrible thing to live with and it takes a-lot of self love and healing to get over it. Some days I don't think I will ever heal from it because I have lived with it for so long. 

ReplyQuote
(@keyonnastarksiectskin-com)

Body dysmorphia is a real thing and should be talked about more. People think that what they see on social media, magazines, tv, and movies are real but they don't know what that person might be insecure about behind the screen. 

ReplyQuote
(@camiryndavisiectskin-com)

Body dysmorphia is a topic that we should be taught about when we are in health class in middle school. I Believe because of social media and the new beauty standards that its more common for people to bring up and have. 

ReplyQuote

@keyonnastarksiectskin-com Many people look up to celeberties but dont realize that they get surgery done and many beauty treatments for them to look like that.

ReplyQuote

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com I agree i wouldve never guessed that they were deaing with body dysmorphia. I believe thats one of the biggest problems with mental healthy you never know what a person is dealing with until they speak on it. 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@abigailcochraneiectskin-com 

I would like to see the celebrities who keep saying "I have not had any modifications at all, this is just how my body is" stop and say what they have had done to their bodies. Young girls and woman see them and think its natural. This can be detrimental and if we really knew the surgeries and fat injections not to say fillers people have had we would not be as hard on ourselves

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@keyonnastarksiectskin-com 

I agree this is a topic that all should be discussed. Young girls have a fear of gaining weight and having a body they think is too fat or skinny. Everything we see on TV and media is lose weight, dieting, weight loss supplements, weight loss surgery. This disorder is very debilitating and can caost the person a great deal of money to keep getting surgeries, dieting and all the stress that goes with it

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@keyonnastarksiectskin-com 

I agree this is a topic that all should be discussed. Young girls have a fear of gaining weight and having a body they think is too fat or skinny. Everything we see on TV and media is lose weight, dieting, weight loss supplements, weight loss surgery. This disorder is very debilitating and can caost the person a great deal of money to keep getting surgeries, dieting and all the stress that goes with it

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@camiryndavisiectskin-com 

I have seen clients with this disorder. They geta surgery and once healed they have another to fix an area where they see another potential problem, then somthing does not look right so they have another surgery. it gets crazy

ReplyQuote
(@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com)

@camiryndavisiectskin-com I think it should be talked about in school as well because social media now has really influenced young girls about how they feel their body should look. 

ReplyQuote
(@cameranriddleiectskin-com)

Even the prettiest girls out there has insurcurties and are scared to talk about it. I think in schools they should teach more about this stuff and let people know its ok to talk about it.

ReplyQuote

@camiryndavisiectskin-com I do agree that social media has become a platform of looks and instagram models. we all try to be that standard but there needs to be a new normal. 

ReplyQuote

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com Never judge a book by its cover. you never know whats someone is going through thats why its important to be nice to everyone.

ReplyQuote
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

I have terrible body dysmorphia. I also think that comes from growing up seeing what the idea of a "perfect body" is. I think when celeberties are open about it and show how they really looks then it can show the younger generation that everyone has flaws and nobody is perfect like you see in different types of ads or on social media. 

ReplyQuote
(@paigebrickhouseiectskin-com)

When I was growing up the "ideal look" was looking like a VS model, now the look is having a body like the Karsashians. I also feel like its causing people to have BBLs which is such a dangerous procedure and many people die from it. Kids need to be taught what body dysmorphia is. Self love and learning not to compare yourselves to others is also something that needs to be taught. I struggle with that everyday especially scrolling through instagram.

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cameranriddleiectskin-com 

Your right Cameran. Making fun of people and bullying has no place in any arena.

Even thin people have issues with the way they look and sometimes that is overlooked.

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cameranriddleiectskin-com 

Your right Cameran. Making fun of people and bullying has no place in any arena.

Even thin people have issues with the way they look and sometimes that is overlooked.

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@laurenjohnsoniectskin-com 

I was picked on in 6th grade by the thin girls and boys too. I cried almost everyday after school. I really was not fat but I was bigger than them. It gave me a terrible opinion of myself. I did not want to be looked at. 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I was picked on in 6th grade by the thin girls and boys too. I cried almost everyday after school. I really was not fat but I was bigger than them. It gave me a terrible opinion of myself. I did not want to be looked at. 

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Member Admin
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

Unfortunately I have struggled with body dysmorphia, it is such a strange thing to experience because I actually had no idea what I looked like. If someone during that time in my life had asked me to for example ask what my celebrity look alike was I would not be able to tell you because I didn't truly know how others saw me because I saw myself entirely different. It is difficult to explain to someone who has not experienced it themselves. I was very young when I went through this, I think the kids that experience this get younger and younger.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com Many young kids experience this, and like you said the kids they pick on are usually not even fat, its just that those girls are so insecure with themselves. I am sorry you went through this.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com You are right, many thin people get picked on for being so thin, especially in this day and age when a bigger butt and boobs are a beauty standard. This is commonly overlooked when a thin person confides in someone else about this.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

Although this article seems to have been more about MGK than Megan and her body dysmorphia, I'm glad that it was brought up in the interview. The last few years has brought a lot more attention to mental health and body and security's it is more acceptable for people to speak about their mental health and how they feel about things then how it used to be let's say 30 years ago when people Thought that if you spoke about a mental disorder, you were "crazy". It is no longer taboo to talk about mental health and that is something that I'm happy about.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!