Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Make Up and Mascara

52 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@madisonmauldiniectskin-com)

25 years is CRAZY! That is like an infection waiting to happen. It is so important to take your makeup off and let your skin breathe. I wonder what made her decide not to take her mascara off for that long. 

ReplyQuote

@kaytlynmolinaiectskin-com same here I have a bad habit of coming home from a night out and not taking my makeup off. I know that makeup wipes aren't the best for your skin, but I feel like I need to at least keep those by my bed. it is better than nothing.

ReplyQuote

@oliviarossiectskin-com She is so lucky she didn't lose her vision. eyes can be so sensitive and even the smallest thing can just irritate them so I couldn't imagine the pain she was in.

ReplyQuote
(@karyssamarleriectskin-com)

This is crazy to see because mascara is so common and there are probably many people who just do not wash their makeup off every night simply because they will be applying again the next day and that is easiest. But simply taking your makeup off everynight will save you the struggle of an eye infection.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com It is surprising that she even has lashes anymore, it is also surprising she did not go to a doctor for this issue for 25 years without any previous infections.

ReplyQuote

@deborahwatersiectskin-com Unfortunately this is probably something that a lot of people don't give a second thought, they will just leave their makeup off not thinking about what it could be doing to their skin and especially eyes because they are so sensitive and we only have 2 of them.

ReplyQuote
(@daniellesmithiectskin-com)

I didn't know this could happen, but I assume after 25 years of not removing your mascara something is bound to occur. I bet that is so uncomfortable and irritating to have to live with for the rest of your life now.

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com We use makeup as a mask almost, to enhance and change our features. She probably felt beautiful in her makeup and didnt want to take it off and revert to her original self, got too carried away. Who knows though

ReplyQuote

@jaydensugickiectskin-com Right haha. I'll be double cleansing now for a few weeks after seeing this!

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

It seems like common sense to me that any cosmetic you apply should be removed before going to sleep.  I remember hearing my mom have a conversation with a friend when I was very young about somebody going blind because of mascara.  I have always been scared to apply mascara since then but I never understood how a person became blind.  Until just now reading this article.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@daniellesmithiectskin-com It's really strange that should wouldn't remove her mascara in 25 years, especially when mascara gets runny under your eyes when you wash your face or cry or take a shower.  I wonder what she was thinking.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@karyssamarleriectskin-com Now that I think about it, I wonder if she hadn't gone to the eye doctor in 25 years.  I have annual appointments at my doctor just to check my eye health, so I'm surprised that if she did go, the doctor didn't notice anything.

ReplyQuote
(@brianahetlandiectskin-com)

i'm not the best at removing my makeup every night but i also dont wear alot of it to begin with but after seeing and reading about this being a side effect of not removing your makeup is enough to scare me straight into removing it after every wear! 

ReplyQuote

@olgacoloniectskin-com part of the reason why I don't wear mascara often is because it always seems to irritate my eyes. I couldn't imagine applying a coat on top of the day priors coat without any irritation.

ReplyQuote

@karyssamarleriectskin-com I was thinking how in the world did her lashes not fall off? or how did she not get an infection sooner?

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@brianahetlandiectskin-com The same used to happen to me.  My eyes would get irritated and at times i even forget that I have mascara on and start messing with my lashes because I feel like there's something bothering me on them, so I mess it up.

ReplyQuote
(@olgacoloniectskin-com)

@brianahetlandiectskin-com Some people get lucky and they think, if they haven't had a problem, they will continue whatever habits until they do.  Maybe when she wet her face in the shower, it cleared some of it and that's why it took so long.

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com I find it hard to get all my mascara off depending on the brand of mascara I use. Even with oil removers and makeup removers I still struggle getting it all off and its so annoying!

ReplyQuote
(@rebeccamatuskaiectskin-com)

@sydneyhurdleiectskin-com I find it hard to get all my mascara off depending on the brand of mascara I use. Even with oil removers and makeup removers I still struggle getting it all off and its so annoying!

ReplyQuote
(@alexisdozieriectskin-com)

I can not imagine not taking my mascara off for that long. It feels so uncomfortable to even leave it on for one day. It gets flaky and gross. I always make sure to take my off at the end of the day. 

ReplyQuote

@madisonmauldiniectskin-com I agree that is not surprising what so every that she got an infection.

ReplyQuote

@daniellesmithiectskin-com It gets so uncomfortable after one day it is insane that someone is able to leave it on for that long.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
error: Content is protected !!